ESMA consults on MAR review
The CSSF informs the public that the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) has launched a public consultation on the provisions of the Market Abuse Regulation (MAR) on 3 October 2019.
Please find below
- a link to the ESMA announcement:
- a link to the consultation paper:
The consultation covers a wide range of issues, including:
- the possible inclusion of spot FX contracts within the scope of MAR;
- buy-back programmes under Article 5 MAR;
- the definition of inside information (Article 7 MAR);
- the delayed disclosure of inside information (Article 17);
- market soundings (Article 11 MAR);
- insider lists (Article 18 MAR);
- managers’ transactions (Article 19 MAR);
- MAR and collective investment undertakings (CIUs);
- competent authorities, market surveillance and cooperation;
- sanctions and measures
ESMA invites feedback until 29 November 2019.
An open hearing is scheduled to take place in ESMA’s premises on 5 November 2019.