Looking back on the 2022 CSSF AML/CFT Conference for Specialised PFS
In order to foster interaction with the Specialised PFSs under its supervision, the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) held an online conference on 24 January 2022 highlighting the key issues on AML/CFT for the sector. Representatives of the Luxembourg Ministry of Finances and the Luxembourg Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) were also amongst the speakers.
The orators gave feedback and clarifications on following topics:
- The RR (responsable du respect des obligations) and RC (responsable du contrôle du respect des obligations)
- Key takeaways from the 2021 AML/CFT questionnaire for Specialised PFS.
- Legal framework and obligations for the operators in terms of international sanctions.
- Interactions with the FIU.
- Findings of off-site and on-site inspections.
- The EU AML Package.
- Lessons learned from the 2020 Sub-sector risk assessment on trust and company service provider activities (“SSRA TCSP”).
The speakers’ presentations can be found here.
You can also listen to a summary of the contributions in a podcast available in our SoundCloud space.